Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How 'bout another random update?!

I've really got to stop going weeks at a time without posting anything, and then try to update what's going on. I really want to post the random funnyness that goes on here. So I'll give it a try:
My house is currently a complete mess....actually that's not true. Yesterday morning when I woke up, my house was a complete mess. It is amazing how a simple day trip to Nashville to can completely wreck the quasi-order of my children's toys, Ben's books and papers, and my laundry that I really do plan to fold 'today'. But thankfully, I was actually able to wash almost all the dishes, clean the living room, and wash two loads of laundry (which I will fold 'today').
But Nashville was great!! I had a workshop to go to that was for NIC test preparation. In two weeks we will find out just how good it actually was, but I definitely feel a little less petrified of taking the test now. The kids loved seeing grandma and grandpa and great-grandma....and Sam (great-grandma's dog). They especially loved chasing Sam around the house - not sure how much she loved it, though.
This week should prove to be quite busy: Our church is having their first annual "Independant Baptist Friends International" meeting. Emphasizing truth, friendship and world evangelism: we agree on the fundamental truths of the Bible; based on this unity, we should build friendships and work together to evangelize the world. Tonight, the ladies are having a 'tea'. Cindy Shaap will be speaking. After that, I have to go to work, but hopefully I will be done in time to catch the second sermon tonight at church. Yes, I did say 'second sermon'. Every night there are two speakers as well as a testimony. Last night we got home at about 10pm. It's going to be a long week.

No comments: